If you need to improve your smile, a teeth whitening may be just what you have been looking for -- White Flint Family Dental can drastically improve the appearance of your smile in time for your wedding or any other special event. As a dental office, we understand you have several options to choose from…
An Inside Look At Teeth Whitening Treatments
Wanting a little more in-depth information on your teeth whitening treatment options? Good for you. Because there is a lot of information available on whitening your teeth nowadays, it can be confusing to know which teeth whitening treatment option is going to work for you and your teeth whitening needs. There are two options when it comes to getting your teeth whitened – buying an over the counter whitening product or making an appointment with your dentist for professional teeth whitening treatment.
An inside look at teeth whitening treatments
The following information allows for an inside look on today’s teeth whitening treatments.
- Both over the counter and professional teeth whitening treatments include peroxide based active ingredients. Over the counter, products will use a lesser amount of the peroxide, which means that they will need to be used more often for someone to maintain their bright, white smile.
- The teeth whitening treatment process does not take long to perform. Most teeth whitening treatments only take about an hour to complete, making it easy for busy people to get their teeth whitened.
- Not all whiteners for teeth are created the same. It is necessary to read all of the ingredients in a tooth whitening product. Not all of these products contain safe ingredients. Looking for the American Dental Association seal can be very helpful.
- To keep someone’s teeth looking white and bright, they will need to continue their teeth whitening treatments on a periodic basis. Over the counter teeth whitening options will require more applications compared to professional teeth whitening treatments.
- Over the counter whitening products will generally whiten teeth one or two shades. Professional whitening treatments can whiten teeth up to eight shades!
Those who have porcelain crowns, dental bonding or tooth-colored fillings may find that the whitening products will not whiten any of the dental procedures performed above. This fact makes it a good idea to contact a dentist for their professional advice.
Ready to have whiter teeth?
Ready to choose a teeth whitening option that is going to meet your specific whitening needs? Great! If you happen to have any questions about the many teeth whitening treatment options available today, all you have to do is contact us so we can provide you with the answer you need. If you already know that you are ready to have your teeth professionally whitened by one of our highly experienced dentists, then go ahead and call us now so we can schedule you an appointment for your teeth whitening treatment. Once the procedure is over, you will be proud to show off your new, bright smile!
Call (301) 273-1085 today to reach White Flint Family Dental.
If you have lost most or all of your teeth, your family dentist in Rockville can help. Your dentist offers complete and partial dentures to take the place of your natural teeth. It usually requires two appointments to get dentures, with possible healing in between the first and second visit. Learn more about this procedure.The…
Implant-supported dentures are one of the options you should consider if you have lost most of your real teeth. Losing most of your teeth can be a tough experience. It makes you constantly think about the appearance of your mouth, and you might find yourself wanting a bit more after deciding to give dentures a…
Invisalign aligners are clear plastic aligners that an Invisalign dentist uses to help their patients straighten their teeth. When the patient comes in for a consultation, the Invisalign dentist will examine their mouth and take a 3D scan of the mouth. This is used to come up with a customized plan to straighten the patient’s…