The American Dental Association notes that multiple surveys show that patients are interested in teeth whitening. Whitening is one of the most requested cosmetic dental treatments. This simple procedure can remove years of staining and discolorations from teeth, giving them a brighter and more youthful appearance.The over-the-counter market is flooded with whitening products, and patients…
An Inside Look At Teeth Whitening Treatments
Wanting a little more in-depth information on your teeth whitening treatment options? Good for you. Because there is a lot of information available on whitening your teeth nowadays, it can be confusing to know which teeth whitening treatment option is going to work for you and your teeth whitening needs. There are two options when it comes to getting your teeth whitened – buying an over the counter whitening product or making an appointment with your dentist for professional teeth whitening treatment.
An inside look at teeth whitening treatments
The following information allows for an inside look on today’s teeth whitening treatments.
- Both over the counter and professional teeth whitening treatments include peroxide based active ingredients. Over the counter, products will use a lesser amount of the peroxide, which means that they will need to be used more often for someone to maintain their bright, white smile.
- The teeth whitening treatment process does not take long to perform. Most teeth whitening treatments only take about an hour to complete, making it easy for busy people to get their teeth whitened.
- Not all whiteners for teeth are created the same. It is necessary to read all of the ingredients in a tooth whitening product. Not all of these products contain safe ingredients. Looking for the American Dental Association seal can be very helpful.
- To keep someone’s teeth looking white and bright, they will need to continue their teeth whitening treatments on a periodic basis. Over the counter teeth whitening options will require more applications compared to professional teeth whitening treatments.
- Over the counter whitening products will generally whiten teeth one or two shades. Professional whitening treatments can whiten teeth up to eight shades!
Those who have porcelain crowns, dental bonding or tooth-colored fillings may find that the whitening products will not whiten any of the dental procedures performed above. This fact makes it a good idea to contact a dentist for their professional advice.
Ready to have whiter teeth?
Ready to choose a teeth whitening option that is going to meet your specific whitening needs? Great! If you happen to have any questions about the many teeth whitening treatment options available today, all you have to do is contact us so we can provide you with the answer you need. If you already know that you are ready to have your teeth professionally whitened by one of our highly experienced dentists, then go ahead and call us now so we can schedule you an appointment for your teeth whitening treatment. Once the procedure is over, you will be proud to show off your new, bright smile!
Call (301) 273-1085 today to reach White Flint Family Dental.
For many people, tooth discoloration is the primary oral issue that prevents them from smiling and speaking with confidence. There are many treatment options for a smile makeover, but few offer the instant and dramatic results that teeth whitening can provide. Professional teeth whitening can take years off of your smile and remove unsightly stains,…
Using home teeth whitening trays can transform your smile, giving you the brilliant white teeth of your dreams. You can use these trays in the comfort of your home and they are easy to use. The trays also provide numerous benefits, from financial savings to convenience.Before using the home teeth whitening trays, patients should brush…
If you need to improve your smile, a teeth whitening may be just what you have been looking for -- White Flint Family Dental can drastically improve the appearance of your smile in time for your wedding or any other special event. As a dental office, we understand you have several options to choose from…